If you have received a notice from the State of California or found an unclaimed property from the California State Controller’s website*, please send the following required documents in order to claim your funds:
- A copy of valid identification (examples: Government issued DL, State ID or Military ID).
- One of the following:
- A copy of the notice from the State of California: See Sample 1 or
- A print-out of the unclaimed property information from the California State Controller’s website: See Sample 2.
- Proof of ownership, such as a document showing your association with the reported address (not current address) listed on the notice from the State of California (examples: previous utility bill, tax bill, bank statement, address history page from a credit report or any mail with your name and the reported address listed).
- Current address where you would like us to send the refund check.
- If you are claiming on behalf of a business, you must also provide documents associating you with the business (examples: business card or company badge).
- If the owner of the unclaimed property is deceased, please send documents showing that you are the executor of the estate or a death certificate with your name listed as the informant.
Documents can be submitted via email (UnclaimedFunds@sempra.com), fax (619) 696-2450, or by mail to the address listed below:
Southern California Gas Company
Attn: Vivian Yang
488 8th Avenue, ML HQ07S2
San Diego, CA 92101
All claims and complete supporting documents received by May 31, 2019 will be processed; claims received after May 31, 2019 will not be processed. Any unprocessed claims are required by law to be remitted to the State of California for safekeeping; your funds will remain with the State of California until you contact the State to claim your funds.
Once we receive all required documents, please allow 30 days for processing.