In conjunction with our energy-efficiency rebate and incentive programs, we're offering qualified customers zero-percent, unsecured loans to finance the purchase and installation of eligible energy-efficiency upgrades.
- 0% unsecured loans
- No origination fee or loan costs
- No Prepayment penalty
- Loan repayment conveniently added to your monthly SoCalGas bill.
- On-bill Financing is open to non-residential customers (including owners of multifamily units who don't reside on the premises).
- Account must be active for the past two years in the same business and in good standing.
- Equipment must be installed at the meter of the account holder of record for which the loan is being made.
- Project must meet terms and conditions of any energy-efficiency programs offered by SoCalGas®.
- Maximum project payback for taxpayer-funded institutions, including eligible state of California accounts, is 15 years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter). For all other projects payback is five years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter).
Loans are offered only to projects that qualify for at least one of our energy-efficiency programs. Here is a partial list of programs and qualifying equipment:
Program Loan Limits
|Customer Segment||Loan Amounts||Max Loan Terms|
|Business||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $100,000||5 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|MIN - $5,000||MAX - $100,000||5 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|Low Income Multi Family
|MIN - $5,000||MAX - $250,000||10 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|Institutional (Cities, Counties, Schools)||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $250,000||15 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|State of California||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $1,000,000||15 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
Sample Loan Calculation
|Rebate/ Incentive Amount||
(Remaining Costs to be Financed)
|Estimated Annual Energy Savings From Upgrade||
|Estimated Monthly Loan Repayment||
|Simple Playback Periods||
Example of Qualifying Programs and Equipment
|Energy-efficiency Rebates for Business||Energy-efficiency Calculated Incentive Program|
|Commercial fryer||Boiler econimizers|
|Commercial griddle||Furnaces, kilns, ovens|
|High-efficiency fryers||Heat recovery|
|Ozone laundry system||Lean-burning natural gas engines|
|Pool covers||Thermal oxidizer|
|Pipe/tank insulation||Waste water heat recovery|
If your energy-efficiency project is not listed here but has a payback period that could qualify for On-bill Financing, please give us a call at 1-800-427-6584 and select option 6. We can help find the right solution for you.
How to Apply
- Call 1-800-427-6584 (select option 6) or email us at email@example.com to contact our program staff and see if your project qualifies. Qualified projects will receive a no-cost energy audit to determine the energy savings.
- Apply for the energy-efficiency business rebate or incentive programs.
- Contact the On-bill Financing staff for prequalification.
- Receive loan package once SoCalGas verifies other qualifications (such as maximum payback period).
- Sign and return the loan documents.
- After the loan documents have been approved by SoCalGas, install the equipment. SoCalGas will conduct 100 percent post-inspections of installed projects.
- Receive the loan. Your monthly loan installment will be included on your utility bill.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. Minimum and maximum loan amounts per meter are $5,000 and $100,000 respectively for eligible business customers that participate in our rebate/incentive programs. Customer results cited may not be typical. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements.