- A resume is required to apply for all positions. A cover letter is NOT required.
- A candidate must have successfully completed and received their high school diploma or passed a General Education Development (GED) test. Some of our positions do require four-year or advanced degrees and/or certifications.
- Potential employees must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- We only accept resume submissions online. We are unable to accept resumes at any of our facilities.
The Application Process
- Our Human Resources (HR) staffing team reviews all resumes and applications.
- If there is a match, your resume will be sent to the hiring manager for review. If there is an interest from a hiring manager, you will likely be contacted for a phone screen.
- Depending on the phone screen feedback, you may be invited on-site for an interview and asked to complete a workplace assessment questionnaire. The on-site interview can last anywhere from a few hours to an entire day. You may also be invited to participate in a second interview day.
- If you haven't heard from us within four weeks, it’s likely your resume was not a match at this time. We will, however, keep your resume on file for future consideration.
The number of interviews you're required to attend depends on several factors, including the role, position level, availability of all involved in the hiring process and location. Typically, you will meet with between four and five interviewers. We do our best to keep the interview team as small as possible; however in a collaborative and very large business this can be a challenge. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
Interview TipsWe recommend that applicants do the following prior to a phone or onsite interview:
- Review our company website to become more familiar with our business.
- Be prepared to discuss your background and qualifications as referenced on your resume.
- Dress appropriately and be prepared to supply additional copies of your updated resume.
- Be on time.
- Bring interview information (contact name and interview location) that will be sent to you prior to the interview.
Background ChecksAll offers of employment from SoCalGas® are contingent upon candidates passing a background check and drug screen. A background check will consist of the following:
- Criminal history report
- Social Security verification
- Motor vehicle history report
- Employment verification
- Education verification
Accommodations for the DisabledA member of the HR department can address any questions regarding special accommodations for the disabled. Please reach out to us via telephone, at (213) 244-3100, or email: SCGStaffing@socalgas.com. Please note we are unable to provide any information on application or job status.
InternshipsTo learn about roles for interns and new college graduates, please visit our Students and College Grads page. You can search for opportunities using the Job Search menu and submit your resume for positions of interest.
Technical DifficultiesIf you're having trouble logging in, applying for a job or creating a profile, please send a detailed message with your issue to: SCGStaffing@socalgas.com. Please note we are unable to provide any information on application or job status.
Find available open positions at SoCalGas®.
Test Study Guides
Find testing information and sample questions to prepare you for the test session.